2020-01-27

((PAINTWATER ORACLE))
The Void Is Our Domain

Two disparate updates, in the breaks I have from study.




First up, we have some test pieces for upcoming AOS colour schemes. I recently secured a copy of the Aether War box set, and I'm going to be painting that up along with Thundrik's Profiteers over the coming months. The other model is a test for the next iteration of my Tzeentch warband, with a pretty different colour scheme involving more pinks and green-tinted metal. I have decided I want to try out more basing schemes for my models, so I'm doing these ones up with a Chamon style dark metallic base.


Speaking of, here's some mockups for other Kharadron models. I'm not really a fan of the weird splayed-out poses the Skywarden/Endrinrigger kits seem to encourage, so I put together a quick mockup to test out the parts. The second model is an Arkanaut Admiral conversion based on the Aetheric Navigator, with an Endrinrigger squad leader helmet and temporary placeholder spear thing. Given that the Admiral is armed with a hammer, I'm not sure I will be keeping this, but I don't really have any particularly good hammer heads that I could use. Maybe a Stormcast hammer? Not sure it would fit particularly well, though.



In the grim darkness of the far future, however, I will be making a visit to the Primogenitor in Iron Sleet's most recent Invitational.This is kind of another test model, to see how well the colour scheme of using Contrast Terradon Turquoise over a combination of metallics and Nurgling Green. I'm quite happy with how it turned out, but unfortunately this model was assembled out of mostly spare parts, so I didn't have enough to build more than one. Those Greatsword legs and Genestealer Neophyte arms are in high demand, it seems! The base for this model, as well as the others in this Primogenitor group, is a custom 3d printed piece designed to mimic the floor texture of the Blackstone Fortress game tiles.


Along with the character above, I am also making some denizens and structures of the Primogenitor itself. This is an abandoned Imperial turret, long since hijacked by strange biomechanical Xenos, now an obstacle to the Solar Fleets and Imperial Armies attempting to eliminate the threat of the Primogenitor. The Xenos themselves will be using the Spindle Drone models from Blackstone Fortress, as well as an extra piece I will keep quiet about...
I have plans to do two separate "narrative groups" of models for the Primogenitor, but I'm not sure how much time I will have to work on everything, so I will be perfectly fine with only getting this first lot done. That said, there are still two entire months, so who's to say at this point. Progress is going fairly well.

That's all for now. My summer course will be done in a week, excluding the final exam, so I will have a bit more time to do some hobbying pretty soon.

Briefly.

Before 2020 semester 1 starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment