2020-12-13

((OATH OF CREATION))
Armies on Parade 2020: Fall of the Loyal

 :: RECONSTRUCTED DEPICTION OF THE ISTVAAN III ATROCITY ::
:: SHOWN: LOYAL AND TRAITOR DEATH GUARD IN COMBAT ::
 
 
 
 
I think, at this point, I can say with full confidence that I'm finished with my Death Guard.
This is the end result of two separate projects: one for the Horus Heresy, one for 40k.
This is my entry for Armies on Parade 2020.
 
 
 
Looking back on it, I'm not sure exactly how this started.
I am not personally all that interested in the Heresy setting,
and I don't really play enough large games for that to come into things,
but whatever the reason I now have a decently sized collection of legion XIV marines.



There's also, of course, the matter of their "modern" counterparts.
This one I think is a bit easier to explain:
New Edition. New Marines. Big Lads.
I ended up painting most of the Death Guard first, I think mostly due to the preference to paint messy.



A lot of these models haven't been shown on here before,
but at this point I'm not sure i will bother with individual photos.
I have other things I'm working on, and I have refined my sense of what I personally enjoy painting.
 
 
 
Hopefully I can fit all these ludicrous amounts of new marines from Indomitus into that...



One day maybe I'll stop buying every new starter set as it comes out.
But I think, honestly, while Space Marines in general are not a favourite faction of mine any more,
they can be very fun to paint and build, which is why I keep going.



:: END TRANSMISSION ::

No comments:

Post a Comment