2019-05-12

+THE HYDRA'S HEADS+
:: The Cultivar of Yroa :: The Lord's Children ::

+TIMECODE:9.179.362.639.M40:15.80 HR+
+ANOMALOUS LIFE SIGNATURES DETECTED+
+HOSTILE CONTACT IN MUNITIONS STORAGE+
+16.20 HR UNTIL RELOCATION+



Neophyte Baruc, Given to the Lord's Icon



Neophyte Gera




Neophyte Lucus



++
++


((And now, the other side of the deeply heretical counterfeit coin))
((Genestealers!))

((The colours here are similar but slightly darker versions of those on the Chi-Epsilon Operatives))
((Swapping out a Macragge/Mordian Blue basecoat for The Fang, and adding a wash of Reikland Fleshshade in the middle))
((I wanted to try my own spin on the "enemy is the same colour but Evil-er trope))
((The yellow details are also a lot more subdued, perhaps too much so))
((The goggles tend to blend into the skin a bit more than I would like))

((When I went to take these pictures, I noticed something unfortunate about Baruc's staff))
((It's taller than the walls I used for the background))
((If you were to zoom out slightly on that picture of his staff))
((You would see the wall there precariously balanced on a lens cap and some gum))
((But the result seems to have worked fine))
((I think I might try to make some walls that can stack on top of each other, just in case anything else turns out to be too tall))

((Next week I think will be another visit back to Hysh))
((I have recently finished up some models in the third iteration of my Stormcast colour scheme))
((And I need to buy a bit of time to finish up the other parts of the Cultivar))

3 comments:

  1. I'm seeing a bit of a recurring theme in the colour schemes of your recent models (and yes, I'm working backwards from the most recent post!) It certainly works for the Genestealer Cultists here, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, lots of blue and orange these past months. I've been planning out some models with more teal and green elements to them, but as of earlier this week I have started on something with the other go-to colour scheme of this sort of stuff - Inquisitorial Red and Black!

      I'm afraid I may not be able to think up a response to all the comments at the moment, I'm a bit frazzled from uni work, but I will at least say that I do my best to read them all, and all the feedback is much appreciated. I tend to be a rather private person, so interacting with someone as well-known (in this sort of space) as you has been a good exercise in learning to be less anxious about comments in general.

      Delete
    2. All good mate. I'm actually a quiet and introspective person by nature myself, though I've essentially learned to "fake it" pretty well for purposes of work. It only gets awkward there when it's a work social event, which I just tend to avoid. On here, though - it's much easier to "fake it" because of the anonymity at play - though I still have to force it when doing a pile of comments in the one day (either on my own, or going through someone's backlog that I've missed - hence I'm always behind!)
      Basically, kinda like 13 year olds being racist and sexist, swearing and playing Call of Duty, with that protection of internet anonymity, but without being a 13-year-old douche! ;)

      Delete