2019-08-24

+STRANGERS IN MIRRORS+THE GOD-KING'S HAND+
~ Stonehand's Architects ~ The Walls Hold Against Falling Dark ~

"Magic is a fickle beast. It takes lifetimes of devotion, and even then..."~--





Ordinator "Stonehand" Mairwen


Ordinator "Resourceful" Cadell


Chronomantic Mechanism


--~"I hear whispers about the strange things the Ordinators are working on in that old fortress.
Best hope they don't disturb the Grove."


++
++


((After that brief aside to finish off The Hydra's Heads, we're going straight back into Age of Sigmar with more Stormcast))
((This is basically my way of getting enthused for the new season of Underworlds))
((The starter box warbands look excellent, exactly the kind of thing I wanted to see))
((I already have plans to integrate them into the next two chapters of Strangers))
((Next in line, though, are the Easy Build Sequitors from the Storm Strike starter kit))

((There are a few minor tweaks on these models, to account for the use of some parts from this kit in other models))
((Mairwen's base was used on one of these Umbral Portals, and her head on Inquisitor Kappel))
((I also swapped out Cadell's head to match, and changed his right hand for a suitably magitech looking device))
((Since they don't have their usual ballista, I figured it wouldn't make much sense to be holding an ammo clip thing))

((This is also another instance of a converted endless spell model, this time for the Chronomantic Cogs))
((The big ring that came with the hero base seemed too obtrusive, so I made use of it for the spell instead))
((The larger gear in the center is, if I remember rightly, from a correction tape dispenser))
((I have owned that gear for likely more than ten years now, and this seemed like the perfect use for it))

((I've also got a bunch of Nurgle models sitting on my hobby desk right now))
((I picked up a Myphitic Blight-Hauler a month or two ago that's been waiting for painting))
((So I have just started on that, along with gluing up the rest of the swarm critters from Rogue Trader))

Parts list, Mairwen:
-Celestar Ballista Engineer Body and Arms
-Steelheart's Champions Brightshield Head
-AOS Hero Bases Stormcast Mechanism Base
-Misc. Sprue Pieces

Cadell:
-Celestar Ballista Engineer Body and Arms
-Stormcast Liberator Head
-Stormcast Judicator Boltstorm Crossbow Body

Mechanism:
-AOS Hero Bases Stormcast Mechanism Arm and Comet
-Correction Tape Dispenser Gear
-Misc. Sprue Pieces

1 comment:

  1. Great work going grimdark on these Stormcast. It's worked really nicely.

    ReplyDelete