2019-11-09

+STRANGERS IN MIRRORS+THE GOD-KING'S HAND+
~ Field Of Statues ~ Drawn Together For Purpose Unknown ~

"The twin realms dance on the point of a blade, to bring purest light, to bring darkest shade..."~--




Knight-Questor "Wandering" Colwyn


Gryph-Hound


Statues


--~"There's been a few times where the Ordinators came to me for supplies.
One of their expiditions off to Ulgu, through the realmgate in the Whipsering Fortress.
They took so much lantern oil with them you'd think they drank the stuff."


++
++


((So then, this is the last of the Stormcast models I have around at the moment))
((Or at least the last I'm interested in painting right now))
((I bought a bunch of easy to build Liberators but have been having no luck enthusing myself to paint them))
((I much prefer the aesthetic of the Sacrosanct Chamber, as I feel many people do))
((And I'm not entirely happy with how the paint recipe came out for the statues))
((But, I wanted to get through the last part of them before I move onto other things))
((Thus concludes Chapter 2 of Strangers in Mirrors))
((Onto the next: a tale of Forest and Fortress))
((I have a real fondness for Underworlds, as previous parts of Strangers will attest))
((And having some time ago acquired the Sylvaneth and Kharadron warbands, plus the more recent Beastgrave box))
((I am leaning fairly heavily into those for parts of chapter 3))
((The Sylvaneth have actually been sitting finished on my shelf for some time now))
((It will be nice to finally show them off))

((One problem I had while painting these is the basecoat I have been using))
((Most of my models use either a black or rhinox hide basecoat, as a dark starting point to work colours up from))
((I recently decided that I wanted to try using Vallejo paint, but ended up getting the wrong shade of brown))
((The charred brown I bought is a little lighter than rhinox hide))
((So for these models I tried mixing in some black paint in to try to match the colour))
((It's not entirely the same shade, but it's probably close enough))
((From here onwards I'm probably just going to use the charred brown straight from the bottle))
((Unless I find a better colour match later on))

((I've also been thinking about starting a new army project, but haven't decided which one yet))
((I keep vacillating between Craftworlds, Beasts of Chaos, Alpha Legion, Stormcast...))
((I even had a crazy idea to build a Necron army that uses Adeptus Custodes rules))
((The list goes on forever, honestly))
((AND I'm still slowly working on my Children of the Outcast))
((I have no doubt that at some point in my life I will have wanted to collect at least one thing from every army))
((But to commit to actually making a sizeable force?))
((I'm extremely indecisive))

((For now, the front runners are Beasts and Alpha Legion))
((Beasts of Chaos currently have one of the older Start Collecting boxes, which generally means more models))
((They would also work great to add some more to Strangers in Mirrors besides Underworlds warbands))
((And for the Alpha Legion I would pick up the newly announced Start Collecting Primaris Vanguard box))
((It's not a unique idea by any stretch of the imagination but Vanguard Alpha Legion just makes too much sense to not do))
((And having been inspired by at least three other painters on various platforms contributed a lot to that))

((Current Projects: Skaeth's Wild Hunt, Wasteland Gene-Cults, Primogenitor Musings, Outcast))

No comments:

Post a Comment