2019-12-01

((OATH OF CREATION))
November Painting Challenge: Wasteland Scrap Dealer

There is a fine balance between sharing things as they're done and sharing things in an order that makes neat narrative sense.



Little bit late with this one! But given how long it took after painting, I think it should be fine.

I only really have this one model for Azazel's November painting challenge, after dipping back into Underworlds and AOS.
Honestly, I'm not entirely certain when I finished this model.
I have an in-progress photo from October, and I am fairly sure I started soon after taking that, but that's all I can remember.
In all likelihood it was finished some time early in the month. A lot happened around then, so I've lost the exact date.

This one is heavily inspired by this Mordheim MMXIX Warband from Tears of Envy.
The mixture of medieval and future-tech, with a splash of heraldic patterns, is one of the things about the Warhammer aesthetic that really grabs me, and I would never have thought to use Space Marine helmets on Cawdor bodies.
I will say that perhaps the Primaris helmet used here (from Haarken Worldclaimer's base) is a little more chunky, but I wanted to capture the look of an opportunistic scavenger, perhaps having plucked it from some recent battlefield before the dust has settled.
To that end, I also deliberately styled the helmet after the colours used on my Primaris Marines a while back.

I plan to add one more to this and the recent GSC Sniper and post them up with some lore and more scenic photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment