2019-02-22

+STRANGERS IN MIRRORS+BORDERS OF HYSH+
~ Eyes of the Mage God ~ The Cold Wind of Magic Blows ~

"They say a wandering daemon once came through the plains round here. Covered the place in snow..."~--





Vehu Maiath, the Thin One, the Eye of the Mage God


Isra, the First Twin


Reza, the Last Twin


Piruz, the Gifted



Lesser Blue Horror



Coldflame Horrors


--~"Have you seen anything suspicious, out south?
There have been rumours of spiteful beings following you here from Chamon."


~~
~~


((Last Underworlds warband in my collection so far))
((The next thing for Strangers in Mirrors is going to be more conversion-heavy))
((Whether it be a wizard or some more tzaangors with friends, I haven't decided yet))

((These were painted some time in late January or early February, I believe))
((I only just had a chance to test them out in a proper Underworlds game last weekend))
((But unfortunately the deck I had constructed did not have a clear focus))
((And I ended up losing both the games I played))
((However, it did give me a much better insight into what kinds of decks I should be playing))
((And some inspiration for a model that will be previewed in the next Paintwater Oracle))
((Hint: Cubes))

((For this warband, I wanted to use a warmer brown/olive skin tone to contrast with the purples and blues))
((I will most likely continue to use the same tone, with a few tweaks, for other characters from Chamon))
((The last layer I used on the skin was actually an air paint, specifically Baneblade Brown))
((The semi-transparent-ness of the air paint helped blend the other layers together, I think))
((I painted the armour the same as my Khornate models, with the added tzeentchian twist of a Druchii Violet wash))
((And of course I made extensive use of Nihilakh Oxide for magic and flame effects))
((I'm thinking about putting up a list of all my painting recipes, but I'm not quite sure how to format it))

((The skulls on the brimstone/"coldflame" horrors came from the AOS Heroic Bases Kit))
((There are also a bunch in the Skulls box))

1 comment:

  1. Looking great with this Tzeentchian Warband here - much darker, more muted and grimdark than the usual bright paint schemes that we see with these.

    ReplyDelete