2019-02-05

+STRANGERS IN MIRRORS+BORDERS OF HYSH+
~ Sharp-Tooth Swarm ~ Darkest Shadows Ever Growing Darker ~

"Folks go missing, in the night. Death runs rampant, in the night..."~--




Dricht Sharp-Tooth


Theiquot Blood-Fur


Stilfin Fish-Skewer


Heek Chain-Spike


Slin Half-Blind


--~"Watch the streets, friend.
This may well be one of the few safe cities in all of Hysh,
and there are secrets everywhere."


~~
~~


((Okay, new project for a new month!))
((Well, not excatly "new"))
((These models are from about half/three-quarters through 2018))
((I have three warbands from the Shadespire season coming up over February))
((Plus one more out of the Nightvault releases so far and some proxy models for a fifth, yet to be painted))

((I'm also working on some models for my Legions collection))
((But I have those set out for neat groups to post in the future))
((They might take some time to assemble and paint up))

((When I painted these, I had an odd issue where the nuln oil used to darken the cloth came out very glossy))
((Which is a big problem for cloth, especially considering the gloss was brightest in the recesses))
((Luckily I remembered that matte varnish exists for fixing this exact problem))
((The varnish also helped dull down the shine on the armour, which originally was way too reflective))

((Couldn't quite figure out whether I preferred the photos with or without the Shadespire board))
((I've ended up using both, but I think the board might provide a bit more diffuse light to more evenly show all the details up))
((Something to experiment with for next time, perhaps))

2 comments:

  1. These look great - while I know I'm working backwards through my reader, I'm amazed that you finished so many warbands at this quality in such a short space of time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but as much as I would like to be that quick at painting, these guys have actually been finished for about half a year now, along with the other two, and one coming up in a few days. I have been slowly posting up a whole bunch of models that I painted last year and the year before while I work on newer, more ambitious projects.

      Delete