2019-06-17

+UNDERHIVE INQUEST+
:: Van Weiss Security :: Fresh Faces ::

"Logistically, we can't afford to transport pre-trained troops half across the system all the time.
Much cheaper to hire local."



Trooper Silvane


Trooper Irns


Trooper Holt


Sapper Blaise


++
++


((Well, I've spent enough time looking for the "most appropriate" board to photo these on))
((HERE GOES))

((I wanted to shake things up a bit in the colour scheme department))
((There has been a lot of the same recently))
((With Alpha Legion, Genestealer Cults, Stormcast, Tzeentch, and even some Primaris Marines all using similar colours))
((There was that brief break with the Light Wizard and Inquisitor, but that's still mostly warm red/orange))
((Grey and Green, though?))
((That's an entirely different beastie))
((Though I may have gone a bit too far in making the fabric real dark))
((Honestly hard to tell apart from black, a bit))

((This project has actually been kicking around on my desk for some time))
((I originally started it around the time the new Necromunda Orlock gang came out, I think))
((As a sort of "This is how I would make some kind of enforcer-type force"))
((After I started assembling ideas for the Cultivar of Yroa, I thought this lot could be a good counterpoint))
((Where the Cultivar is going for more body horror and alien))
((Van Weiss is the insidious, creeping and hidden version of Genestealer Cults, closer to GW depiction))
((That and I got fed up with trying to carve off the little icons))
((Such a pain to get the fabric smooth without sculpting it new))

((I have two more lots of four to round out the gang, and some more for the Cultivar and friends))
((I also have a few tzeentchian characters that fit in the same notional space as these))
((I've been wracking my brains trying to think what I could base some cultists on))
((But nothing so far has struck me with a good mix of high-tech and robed occult))
((So I shall likely finish what I have before I keep looking))
((Maybe one of the unshown Warcry sets will work))
((But somehow I doubt that, given how the others have looked so far))
((They are very good at what they are going for, though))

((Looking through all the photos, Blaise looks a fair bit taller than the rest))
((Which is odd, because looking at the models side by side, he's actually the shortest))
((Must be them wily genestealer brainfungi))

Parts list:
-Cadian Torsos and Heads
-Genestealer Neophyte Legs and Arms
-Necromunda 25mm Bases

1 comment: