2019-09-22

+CHILDREN OF THE OUTCAST+
:: Verse I, Line II :: The Storm ::

+We give no words to those who search+



"They don't speak. They don't make a sound. They don't make a sound."


"Used to be soldiers. Stormtroopers. Personal guard to the bloody governor. NOW LOOK AT THEM."


"The governor's dead, of course. So's most of everyone now, or joined their army."


"The same Throne-damned weapons they used to keep us safe. Now we're the enemy. Now we're the prey."


"Get me off this rock."


++
++


((If I remember correctly, one of these was close to the first model I made for this project))
((I think I had started with either this or the next part, and built out the army based on Sisters of Battle rules))
((The stormtroopers were converted to have boltguns to closer match that intention, as well as storm bolters))

((The next set of models are based on the Sisters of Silence, which will be evident when I get them finished))

((I'm not sure how I decided on those for the special weapons in the squad))
((Probably just looking at the options in the index and what I had in my bitz box))
((If I had planned a bit better, I might have given them meltaguns instead))
((But as it was, I had run out of the correct arms for those before I started the project))
((I actually built the scions kit I used on these as proper scions, but haven't got around to painting them yet))

((I wanted these ones to have a more uniform appearance than the cultists))
((They all have the quartering pattern on the same sides, based on the Sons of Malice colours))
((I decided not to continue the white panels onto the ribbed chest-abdomen armour, though))
((Mostly just out of personal preference))
((I wanted the silver of the upper chestplate to stand out more))

((Once again, this week's set fits into Azazel's September Challenge))
((I am honestly on a roll for this one))
((The timing worked out just right for me to get a whole bunch of units done relatively quickly))

((I'm not sure what will be happening on here next week, I have some plans that may not be related to this project))
((I'm making some various cultists to flesh out the Underhive Inquest setting))
((And still plugging away at various parts of the Outcast))
((Things are still a bit in flux since my University course is nearing the end of semester))
((Things are going faster now, lots of homework and such))

((Some time soon, I'm going to try to get some better lights for my photo booth))
((I've started noticing some issues with mixing warm and cool light bulbs))
((The shadows on some of these models look much bluer than they should))
((Especially on white sections))

((Current projects: Vox-Shambler Conversions, Wasteland Gene-Cults, Outcast))

Parts list:
-Neophyte Hybrid Torsos and Head
-Sisters of Silence Head
-Cadian Legs
-Tempestus Scions Helmets and Arms and Accessories (pouches, knives, grenades)
-3mm Styrene Tube (bolter barrels)
-MKIII Boltgun Magazines
-Sternguard Veteran Storm Bolters (the scoped ones)
-Devastator Squad Storm Bolter (the other one)

No comments:

Post a Comment