2019-09-29

((PAINTWATER ORACLE))
From The Depths Of The Void

A bit of filler while I deal with more homework, and an insight into my processes.




These three are something I cobbled together from spare parts, after I finished my entry for 28MAG's Ian Miller challenge.
They are intended to be something of a "reworking" of the Vox-Shamblers from Kill Team: Rogue Trader,
but I wanted the group to be a bit more cohesive than the original models.

That's not really the main thing I'm showing off in this photo, though:
These are not actually finished yet.

I wanted to take a snapshot of this stage in the painting process, because I am honestly kind of amazed how good the colours look on them already. As it turns out, layering various earth and skin colours over black makes for some very atmospheric and warm tones, with a lot of depth from the layered, random application. I also used exactly seven paints on these, which is very fitting.
Some day, I hope to experiment more with extremely minimal palettes like this.

Current Projects: Wasteland Gene-Cults, Slaanesh Cultists

Paint recipe:
-Basecoat all with chaos/abaddon black
-Stipple model with mechanicus standard grey
-Drybrush model and stipple fabric with steel legion drab
-Drybrush skin with cadian fleshtone
-Layer fabric with daemonette hide
-Wash model with seraphim sepia
-Drybrush model with kislev flesh

No comments:

Post a Comment