2019-03-02

+HISTORICAL DATA+
:: Legio III, XII, XIV, XVI :: The Battle of Istvaan III ::

"The moment that set everything in motion. The first strike against the Imperium."



"Four legions arrived, four traitors left. Under the pretense of quelling insurrection, four primarchs showed their true colours, The warmaster Horus himself among them."


"Virus-bombs fell on Istvaan III. Not more than thirty standard years after being brought into the fold, the planet falls first to traitorous governance, then to the actions of the legions.


"There was one break in the armour of the traitors - the Einstein, the most important message, the message that set the Imperium in defense against itself."


"Oh, it was a great blow indeed - we lost much of what we had gained in the Great Crusade, half of the Emperor's legions were cast out - but we survived. Humanity survived."


++
++


((THE BIG ONE))
((THE INCITING MOMENT))
((One third of the way on my quest to complete my Legions collection))

((You may recognize the model representing the Death Guard from an earlier post))
((I felt it would not be necessary to create an entirely new model for a legion I already have an army for))
((So I picked what I felt was the most appropriate from the collection))

((All in all, I'm pretty happy with how the three new models turned out))
((One issue I encountered was how chalky the lighter colours of paint were))
((The main coat of the terminator and the white paint used variously on all three))
((And the sons of horus terminator ended up a bit lighter than standard paint schemes))

((I am quite happy, though, with the tone of purple on the noise marine/kakophoni))
((And how weathered the world eater's armour is))
((Though I feel the conrast with the comparatively clean-looking shoulders and weapons is a bit odd))
((The pistol arm for him is also a bit of an odd choice, one from the Tempestus Scions kit))
((It was chosen in order to lend something of an asymmetrical gladiator look))

((I took great inspiration for that particular model from KrautScientist's excellent 30k world eaters))
((And I feel I went just the right amount of overboard on the blood splatters))

((I'm also just now realizing how crooked the board I've put them on is))
((The tripod I use for photos has a little dial to indicate the angle it's facing))
((But I suspect it's a few degrees off from where I expect it to be))

((Currently painting: Starstriders, still; chaos cultists; one of three tzaangor enlightened))
((Currently assembling: too many to name, and too slowly to know which will be done next))

3 comments:

  1. I really like these. Will you (eventually) do a full squad for each legion, or just sticking with the single representative model?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to keep it to just one model - I'm beginning to run out of usable parts, and I'm trying to avoid buying any more old-style space marine kits, especially since the Horus Heresy box sets seem to have finished their run. Everything so far I have made using only parts from one each of those and spares from a handful of other space marine kits.

      Delete
    2. Makes sense, though it's a shame to not see more of those very cool looking World Eaters and Sons of Horus. :)

      Delete