2019-03-24

+STRANGERS IN MIRRORS+BORDERS OF HYSH+
~ The Illusor's Coven ~ How Far One Goes For Power Unknown ~

"Metal bends to mortal will, as minds are bent to darkness still..."~--






Mara, the Illusor, the Spear of the Mage God


Idris, the Wind Reader


Raul, the Thought Taker


--~"There are stories, too many stories,
of beasts and sorcerers walking the hills near the realmgate.
If this city is cut off from Chamon, it may well end us once and for all."


++
++


((Ever since I noticed that I had a favourite chaos god, it's been Tzeentch))
((Probably, I don't really have the best memory, but that's beside the point))
((When I got properly into Age of Sigmar and started planning the lore that would become Strangers in Mirrors))
((One of the things I wanted to get to at some point was getting some Tzaangors))
((I'm a big fan of non-human characters like this, and horned magic birdmans appeal to me quite a bit))

((I believe this actually came about from the Duels of the Crystal Labyrinth dice game))
((From the May 2018 issue of White Dwarf))
((It specified in the article that you have a model to represent your sorcerer))
((Which honestly seems a bit unnecessary from a rules point of view))
((But when has that ever stopped anyone from making fun models))
((And it intrigued me, the idea of building a singular powerful sorcerer to lead hordes of gribbly horrors))
((It's now been almost a year and I've finally got around to at least that part of the idea))
((I even prototyped some custom 3d tiles to hold the dice and models))
((Never did end up trying the game, since at the moment I only have the two horrors that came with the Eyes of the Nine))

((In addition, I thought a small group like this deserved a few extra touches))
((Hence also for the extra photos, something I'm still trying to get better with remembering to do))
((The bases are all from the AOS Hero Base set, which if I'm honest I bought specifically for Mara's base))
((I messed around with the heads a little, it helped a lot that they are all interchangeable))
((Despite what the instructions and little numbered tabs might claim))
((The blue ball thing in the middle of Idris' disc is a twisted wire bead I got from a craft supply shop))
((I have no clue if those sorts of things are commonly found item))
((But it looked great as an alternative to the sculpted lower half and flamey bits the kit comes with))
((Not that I dislike those pieces, but they are finding themselves used elsewhere on other tzeentchian conversions))
((I also have had the thought of using these three, plus the tzaangor from the Eyes set))
((As a proxy for the upcoming Sylvaneth warband for Underworlds))

((I had originally planned to group these three with some other models))
((Specifically those from the Paintwater Oracle a while back))
((But I am still figuring out the best way to glue plastic parts onto the shiny acrylic cubes))
((I do have two of the three models for that lot built, though, with some minor redesigns))
((Just have to work up the nerve to put paint to them))

1 comment: