2019-03-29

((PAINTWATER ORACLE))
Colour Theoretical

A glimpse behind the curtain...


This paint scheme was my original prototype for any future Stormcast Eternals.
However, I was not entirely happy with it...


So I made some changes. There are still a few things I want to tweak,
potentially bringing in some more saturation on the blue parts.


Next, an Guardian. I used to collect Eldar back when I was in school.
Those older models were painted in a way that I now find kind of uninteresting.


I have a small handful of converted Imperial Guard models, this being another prototype scheme.
I wanted to experiment with using more washes, but I ended up not keeping this look.


I went much brighter for the next one, tried out painting yellow and orange.
This is how the Guard look right now, and also how I'm painting my Starstriders.


This one is a little older than the Guard models, one Skitarius in a pleasant green robe.
Green is not a colour I've seen on Mechanicus models before, so it was a fun experiment.
I want to eventually have a kill team in this scheme, but I'm still working out the grey accents.


And finally, a test model from when I started my Death Guard.
Mostly the same, the only difference is the darker banding on the shoulder pads.


++
++


((The Paint Queue: Dark Imperium Blightbringer, Cubes, Starstriders))
((The Glue Queue: Genestealer and Hydra Cultists, Easy to Build Plague Marines))

3 comments:

  1. Cool to see the collection of older and test models. Will you be updating the MKIII guy to your current Death Guard scheme?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point, I believe I will be leaving that model as is. The amount of layering in the painting is, while not insurmountable by any means, at least discouraging for me personally, especially with the drybrushed highlights. That, and I have actually built up the rest of the army to the point where this one is kind of extra, even though I don't personally do much gaming I thing I would prefer to just keep this one around as something of a historical artifact.

      Delete
    2. Makes sense. I have a few minis I just like to leave at the point they're at for different reasons. :)

      Delete