2019-03-19

((OATH OF CREATION))
March Painting Challenge: Dark Imperium Primaris Marines

Just put them over there, with the rest.
This month's models are four Intercessors, to close out the bulk of the models from Dark Imperium, and three Reivers, some parts from the First Strike set, with the rest being from the multi-part set.
I did a bit of swapping arms on all the models, I think one of the Intercessors actually uses a Hellblaster body, but it's been long enough since I assembled them that I don't recall the exact pieces.
I am quite happy to be finished with these ones, they were beginning to bother me, sitting with bare plastic next to their finished battle-brothers while I worked on newer things.
Since I first made the painting recipe for these guys, I've learned quite a bit about what and how I enjoy painting, and if I'm being honest, space marines have been slowly descending both of those lists for some time now.
But, I wanted this particular block to be complete, and this month's challenge from Azazelx was the perfect excuse to finish them off. I do still intend to finish my Legions collection, but other than that I'm looking forward to working on more models that aren't wearing power armour.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the headswaps on the Reivers. Simple, but a nice idea that I think I'll be ripping for some of my own (and it never hurts to make some of those cool helmets spare for other use!) Nice contrast between the beaten armour and the nice, clean looking shoulders on the Intercessors as well!

    ReplyDelete